Austria - Vienna
10 interesting things about Australia
1. Australia is as wide as the distance between London to Moscow.
2. The biggest property in Australia is bigger than Belgium
3. More than 85% of Australians live within 50km of the coast
5.Gina Rinehart, Australia’s richest woman, earns $1 million every half hour, or $598 every second.
6. In 1892, a group of 200 Australians unhappy with the government tried to start an offshoot colony in Paraguay to be called ‘NEW AUSTRALIA
7. The first photos from the 1969 moon landing were beamed to the rest of the world from Honeysuckle Tracking Station, near Canebarra
8. Australia was the second country in the world to allow women to vote (New Zealand was first).
9. Each week, 70 tourists overstay their visas
10. In 1856, stonemasons took action to ensure a standard of 8-hour working days, which then became recognised worldwide.